The Chalk Farm Estate offers endless shoot location opportunities across its 2,500 acres of downland landscape. Whilst showcasing a peaceful and unspoilt slice of the Kent countryside, the Estate is still within just an hour’s drive of central London.
Largely an arable farm, the Estate also manages over 500 acres of woodland (including a pinetum), a mix of grass pastures and swathes of wilderness areas and watercourses. Mixing upland and lowland landscapes, the far-reaching views are stunning.
At the heart of the Estate is the mansion house, dating back to the early 1600s. An imposing family home surrounded by formal gardens , delightful outbuildings and sweeping drives, the family are open to offering the house as a shoot location, as well as accommodation for those who need it. Peppered across the Estate are further houses, cottages and farmyards.
- Historic mansion house, originally built in early 1600s with large formal gardens and far-reaching views, an original squash court, orangery and informal kitchen garden
- Courtyard outbuildings and other farm yards and cottages
- Tree-lined avenues, sweeping drives and incredible views from many aspects
- Arable land and grass fields, plus wild and grassy areas on steep hillsides and outcrops
- 500 acres of woodland, including coppiced areas, clearings, trackways and a beautiful pinetum
- On the far side of the Estate, the view towards London reaches the Shard and City of London in the distance.
- Lakes (with folly) and streams
Getting to Chalk Farm Estate
By car: Just 1 hour’s drive from the city of London, 20 minutes from the M25.
By train: 40 minutes from London Victoria to the village station which is just a 1 minute drive to the Estate.
Facilities on the Farm
A courtyard building close to the main house includes two large comfortable rooms, kitchen facilities and loo. Catering can also be offered. Plenty of parking areas.
Accommodation for up to 10 on one level of the main house.
The Estate has hosted major events where 200 cars have parked in various parts of the farm. No challenge is unsurpassable. The team on the Estate have a refreshing can-do attitude to making things happen.