Home to over 80 rare-breed pigs of all ages, Crossways is a 4-acre smallholding dedicated to rearing happy pigs with a varied diet in a free-range environment where there is plenty of room to roam. With an all-year-round breeding programme, piglets are always present.
- 16th century farmhouse, full of original features and character, plus an Edwardian and very recent extension with huge high-spec kitchen and dining space
- Courtyard featuring old and restored buildings
- Grass fields, pig enclosures and trees
- Original 60 ft Victorian greenhouse
- Cutting garden, kitchen and walled gardens
- 80 pigs, including 10 breeding sows and piglets of all ages. Breeds include Saddleback, Tamworth and the Mangalitza (aka the sheep pig)
- Chicken and labrador dog
Getting to Crossways Farm
By car: 1.5 hour’s drive from the city of London
By train: 5 miles (10 minutes) from Headcorn station
Facilities on the Farm
- Large kitchen and dining space in the farmhouse, with loos, is available as a crew base
- Owners are also caterers, and can provide location shoot catering on site.