Lodding Farm is set on the side of a gentle hill, with fantastic views down through its fields, woodland, orchards and over the reservoir down to the valley below.
Fruit, flowers and vegetables are grown here, with the most productive season being late Spring and Summer when the large flower plot come into full bloom, and the orchards are bursting with apples, plums, pears and cherries.
More on the Flower Plot
Two cousins have worked hard to create a cutting garden across 2 acres, now a thriving business catering for events, pick-your-own and courses in gardening and floristry. The changing seasons bring changing colours, from the early bulbs of Spring , stepping then into the cottage garden summer garden, and beyond into rose hips (NB: there are rows and rows of them).
More on the Farm
Lodding Farm’s main enterprise is fruit farming, with an expanding mix of apples, pears, plums and cherries. Asparagus is also grown extensively, and all thrive on sunny banks and fed by a large reservoir. The main farmyard offers large storage sheds, charming traditional mushroom sheds, and plenty of fruit boxes and farm machinery.
- Orchards – Apples, pears, plums, cherries
- Large reservoir with pontoon, rowing boat and glorious views
- Meadow areas, wide grass tracks, woodland clearings and woods
- Farmyard with large sheds, mushroom sheds, farm machinery
Facilities at Lodding Farm
- Extensive parking areas
- Access to all parts of the farm by track, or park near the roads.
- A quiet location with no road noise
- Loos in the farmyard, and green room facilities in the flower plot’s large “shed”
Getting to Lodding Farm
- 1.5 hours drive from central London.
- Closest train stations: Marden or Maidstone