A farm looking out to sea. Lunsford Farm is an awe-inspiring farm location on the top of a hill and extending down to the East Sussex coastline. Extending across 200 acres of rolling pasture where sheep and cattle roam, Lunsford Farm’s crown jewel is its coastal backdrop with sea views extending for miles from the adjacent Pett Level beach and continuing along the coastline beyond Folkestone in Kent. Watercourses (including the military canal), ponds, steep “cliff banks” and preservation areas with war-time look outs are also under the farmer’s guardianship.
Filming Location for Channel 5’s Celebs on the Farm
NEW for 2018, TV show Celebs on the Farm based its filming at Lunsford Farm.
The 10 one-hour-long episodes of the reality Tv show were all filmed across just 10 days in early Summer. Lunsford Farm played host to the celebrity’s accommodation (in a field) and 10s of farming challenges (from tractor driving, to sheep herding, to feeding lambs and mucking out). The full mix of barns were used for various activities, as well catering and the “dairy room”. And what’s more, the farmer Andrew and his shepherd, Jamie, could not hide. Andrew is featured heavily across the show! As for the locals from Pett village, they were very involved too: from the pubs, to the caterer, to helpers in the crew.
Lunsford Farm has proved itself as a very film-friendly shoot location, providing the platform for brilliant TV entertainment.
For more details on what Celebs on the Farm is all about , find it here
To hire Lunsford Farm for film or photo shoots, contact Jo at Farm Locations by clicking here
Full Location Details for Lunsford Farm
The farmyard at Lunsford Farm has retained all its original traditional buildings including an oast house, sussex barn, thatched sheds, stable blocks and cart sheds, providing many rustic backdrops for a film or photo shoot.
- Farmland stretches from hill top to coast
- Grass fields on rolling countryside and marshland
- Working sheep and potato farm, with an orchard and woodland too
- Jaw-dropping views out to sea. The farm borders Pett Level beach
- Traditional farm yard with original buildings including oast, sussex barn, stabling and cart shed.
- Thatched buildings
- Watercourses including military canal, ditches and ponds woodland
- Farm tractors, machinery and implements
- Within 2 hours drive of central London.
- Ashford International train station 30 minutes away, or Rye 10 minutes.
- Loos, showers and “green room” facilities in a converted farm building, plus other farm buildings can provide cover for catering and more. The pub within walking distance can also provide facilities.
- Plenty of hard standing parking area for large crew vehicles.
Enquiries to Hire Lunsford Farm
Lunsford Farm is a delightful, traditional, working farm, and is super film friendly. For all enquiries to hire the farm for a film or photo shoot, please contact Jo at Farm Locations by clicking here.