Quarrenden Farm offers a unique solution as a farm location – not only does the East Sussex farm comprise its traditional cider apple orchards, grass fields, tranquil woodlands and river meadows, it is also a thriving glamping destination, complete with shepherds’ huts, bell tents and a trendy rustic cafe.
Set in the Rother Valley in East Sussex, Quarrenden Farm boasts very special neighbours too. Bodiam Castle is perched on one side, and provides a wonderful backdrop for film or photo shoots. Another unusual neighbour is Bodiam station, right on the border of the farm and home to the old-fashioned Kent and East Sussex railway line. Numerous old carriages and engines are housed at the station, and with a mile-long disused part of the railway extending on through Quarrenden Farm itself, the railway, its carriages and station buildings are all available for shoots.
The River Rother flows along the south side of the farm, and with its picturesque weir and various launch points, the river is accessible for photographers and film-makers, including the use of kayaks ( a kayak school is based on the farm).
The diversity of backdrops at Quarrenden Farm is truly a feast for the eyes
- 200 acre farm with cider apple orchards, grass meadows and woodland
- 4 designated areas for glamping in copses; 20 hand-built shepherds huts, 20 bell tents and their facilities (including firepits, rustic shelters, corrugated tin sheds and log stores)
- A stretch of the River Rother with launch points, an impressive weir and kayak school on site
- A pond and rowing boat
- Newly built rustic cafe, with plenty of interior space attached.
- Separate education room with timbered and tin-ned walls
- Farm machinery, tractors old and new
- Goats and chickens
- Access to ancient railway station, platform, station rooms, carriages and use of disused railway line
Getting to Quarrenden Farm
Less than 2 hours drive from central London.
Nearest mainline railway station: Robertsbridge 5 miles
Facilities at Quarrenden farm
Catering, parking, green room, loos and accommodation facilities are all available on site.