Court Estate, NN7
Court Estate is a feast for the eyes. Its 2,000 acres offers enormous variety to suit many a location brief. From the formal, grand and historic to the relaxed and rustic, Court Estate is very well set to host shoot crews.
The estate’s impressive historic buildings include a unique and interesting mix, all within easy walking distance of each other. The Georgian manor house and its grass tennis courts, extensive formal and kitchen gardens, are close to the centuries-old stables residence, laundry rooms, and also an unscathed grammar school dating back to the 17th century.
Farm buildings range from rustic, characterful old buildings near the manor house, to more modern clusters across the Estate, where the heart of the working farm operation is based. Parkland and arable land extends for miles, with some notable landscape features including a renowned arboretum and a large lake. Private roads and driveways are expansive, and the estate also includes some “village” settings with rows of cottages and a village green. The quaint village church is on the edge of the Estate and also available with specific permission.
- 1792 Georgian manor house, including interiors, bowling alley
- Gardens include two grass tennis courts, walled gardens, kitchen garden with a variety of glass houses, potting sheds, orchard areas and large vegetable patch
- Sweeping driveways and extensive private road network
- 18th century palladian-style residence and surrounding old buildings, including the Laundry room
- Former grammar school and adjoining school house, with original 1682 grammar school room available for hire, complete with original furnishings
- Village setting with rows of cottages and village green
- Old farm buildings include isolated stone barn and hut, a cluster of rustic brick and tin sheds, as well as a modern, working farmyard
- Large arboretum and lake alongside
- Acres of parkland and arable fields
- Sheep, chicken, horses, farm equipment and machinery (old and new)
- Helipad and covered buildings
- Wind turbines (exteriors)
Facilities at Court Estate
Crews are very well hosted here, with a variety of warm spaces, loos and kitchen facilities.
Plenty of hard standing for large unit bases, and secure storage for vehicles and equipment.
A caterer is based on site, and can offer a a range of solutions. Alternatively food can be arranged for delivery, and various eateries are within a 10 minute drive.
Getting to the Location
The Estate is about 1hr 30 minutes drive from Central London, or 15 minutes taxi ride from Northampton train station.