Hay Meadow Farm, DT6
Hay Meadow Farm is a 60 acre farm in the beautiful Dorset countryside. Formerly a working dairy farm, the owners now focus on conservation and preservation, respectful of its medieval origins (parts of the farmhouse date back to the 12th century) and letting nature thrive.
The picture-postcard shoot location includes an idyllic farmyard setting, rolling meadows, woodland and orchards, and a mix of genuine unspoilt farm buildings and the most beautifully restored farmhouse, firmly rooted in celebrating its past.
- Farmhouse dating back to 12th century
- Farmyard with rustic barns and outbuildings
- Established orchards, wild flower meadows and grassland
- Mature trees and hedgerows, coppice areas and bluebell woodland in Spring
- Lily ponds, streams and bog garden
- Goats, chickens, soay sheep, beehives
- Tractor, quad bike, 1950s ice cream cart, wooden row boat
- Lots of traditional rural props: original working paraffin and tilly lamps, portable stove, fire pit, scythes, etc
- Unspoilt countryside views, including views out to sea
Getting to Hay Meadow Farm
By car: 1.5 hours drive from Bristol, or 22 miles from Exeter airport
By train: 5 miles from Axminster railway station
Facilities on the Farm
The farmhouse interior is available for shoots and as a green room facility, as well as the outbuildings. There is also plenty of parking on the farm, used for volunteers on its conservation initiatives and visits to courses and studio
Hay Meadow is also a shoot and stay location with a holiday cottage on site.