Stocks Farm, TN35
Stocks Farm offers an excellent location for woodland shoots and is just 10 minutes drive from Rye or Hastings.
The 360 acre farm is tucked away on one side of the Brede Valley. Its blended mix of woodland and grass pastures extend gently down to the marshes of the River Brede’s lowland area below. All parcels of woodland benefit from their own ponds and trackways, with a varied range of tree species and an abundance of wild flowers and birds.
The farmer’s priority is to restore, nurture and preserve this idyllic slice of the Brede Valley in Sussex for generations to come. Dedicated efforts towards hedge laying, double fencing, pond and wild meadow creation, along with ongoing woodland management have created a beautiful setting for a film or photo shoot.
- Grass fields, wild flower meadows and marshes at lowest level
- Many woodland areas, some coppiced recently, some left for 100s of years. All woodlands have tracks running through. Chestnut, hornbeam, oak and more
- Christmas tree plantation
- Carpets of flowers during the Spring in the woods, including huge expanses of bluebells, wood anemone and wild garlic
- Many ponds, some surrounded by woodland, some on field edges
- Ageing sheds (including WW2 accommodation and a gamekeepers hut), vintage tractors (Massey Ferguson and David Brown) and equipment
- Within 2 hours drive of central London
- Just 10 minutes drive from Rye train station or Hastings station
- Catering provided on-site or takeaway option from Rye Deli
- Green room facilities can be requested from adjacent plant nursery, under same ownership as Stocks Farm
- Hands-on support from farmer and Jo as necessary