Arches Farm, GL2
Set within rolling hills of rural Gloucestershire, Arches Farm is an animal haven and covers 80 acres of grass fields, parkland, wild flower meadows, ancient woodland and an orchard. The farm animals include sheep, pigs, cows, ducks, chicken and an alpaca.
One of the main feature points of this farm location has to be the farmhouse; a captivating regency-style build gleaming with timeless flair and charm. Part of the house dates back to 1820 and many original features still remain, including a set of striking brick arches and an ornate verandah overlooking the cottage garden below.
The working farmyard offers a variety of backdrops too with its selection of red-brick farm buildings, workshop, original milking parlour, 1950’s Dutch barn and more modern agricultural stores.
- 80 acres of rolling grass fields, wild flower meadows, parkland, woodland and an orchard
- Far-reaching views across the Severn Vale including those of the main river, which can resemble sea views
- Regency-style house (available for interiors) retaining many original features including a traditional veranda, balconies and three beautiful brick arches (dating back to 1820)
- Cottage garden with productive vegetable patch
- Working farmyard including old red-brick farm buildings, a 1950’s Dutch barn, original milking parlour and workshop, along with newer agricultural stores
- Derelict buildings
- Tractors and classic cars (two 1950s Austin Martins)
- Ducks, chicken, Exmoor Horn sheep, Gloucester Old Spot pigs, Dexter cows, alpaca and cats
- Carriage horses and equipment can be also be supplied to location
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of space for crew parking at the farm; hard-standing and field locations. A crew base is also available onsite; barn space, along with a 1 bedroom flat featuring a small sitting room, toilet and kitchen.
There are private caterers locally, along with dine in / takeaway food options within 2 miles of the farm. Arches Farm provides a shoot and stay option with its 1 bedroom flat, alternatively there are Public house B&Bs and self-catering accommodation within 2.5 miles of the farm. Hotel accommodation can also be found within 7 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO ARCHES FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Stonehouse station (via Swindon). The farm is a 15 minute car journey from Stonehouse station. The owners are happy to help with station pickups / drops offs if needed.
The farm is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes by car from Central London.