Austen Estate, RG25
Austen Estate is a 4,000 acre Hampshire estate, rich in grandeur and period elegance with its impressive manor house and extensive grounds; all just over an hour’s drive from London.
Sitting at the end of the ancient tree lined avenue, the country manor house is open to hire both inside and out, with a wide selection of rooms available. There are further buildings available across the estate, including old farmhouses, thatched cottages and bungalows as well as a mix of modern and traditional agricultural buildings found in the working farmyard.
The walled gardens have been creatively divided into different ‘rooms’ of varying styles offering a delightful mix of backdrops, with the landscape extending further out onto historic parkland, pasture for the cattle, arable fields, orchards, forest areas and a large lake.
- 4,000 acre estate comprising: garden grounds, parkland, grass fields, farmland (including wheat / barley fields and vegetable crops), orchard, ancient woodland and areas of evergreen forest
- Mix of rolling valley hills and flat, expansive landscape
- Country manor house available inside and out, with access to a wide selection of rooms including two kitchens, smoking room, library, drawing room, film room, billiards room and bedrooms
- Formal garden grounds featuring a 3-acre walled garden, manicured lawns, rose garden, cutting garden, sculpture pond with fountain, croquet lawn, kitchen garden and greenhouse
- Working farmyard offering a selection of farm buildings including a traditional Elizabethan barn, grain stores, tractor shed, workshop, garage and stables
- A selection of properties (old farmhouses, thatched cottages, bungalows and blocks of 4/5 storey flats) located across the estate, which are available for external use only and includes access to the adjoining gardens
- Overnight accommodation
- Good relations to an active church (available inside and out)
- Boating and paddle-boarding lake featuring a pontoon, central island and boat hire
- Vintage and modern tractors, landrover and classic cars
- Outdoor swimming pool and tennis court
- Excellent network of private roads including ‘country lanes’ or the ‘open road’ (tarmac and concrete) along with hard standing and woodland tracks
- Cows, horses, ducks and chicken
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There’s plenty of parking across the estate for crew vehicles. A crew base can be set up in the main manor house or the Estate club, depending on requirements.
Depending on availability, Austen Estate can offer a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with access to the 11x bedroom manor house and 3x bedroom holiday cottage, for overnight stay. Alternatively there are self-catering premises and hotels within 4 miles of the estate.
Crew are welcome to use the in-house catering services by prior arrangement, with further takeaway options and a choice of local pubs within 2 miles of the estate, if required.
GETTING TO AUSTEN ESTATE
Trains run from London Waterloo to Basingstoke station (35 minutes journey time). The estate is approximately a 10 minute drive from Basingstoke station.
The estate is approximately 50 minutes by car to Pinewood studios.
Central London is 1 hour 20 minutes by car.