Barley Estate, GU32
Sitting at the heart of the 3,000 acre Barley Estate is the grand manor house, mainly of Georgian architecture; offering elaborate formal rooms including the grand entrance hall, billiard room and large dining room.
The manor house is set within well established gardens featuring a pond, walled areas, a vegetable patch and both Victorian and modern greenhouses. The estate extends onto fields of sweeping farmland, parkland, grassland, ancient woodland and wild meadows, featuring steep valleys, tree-clad hillsides, a network of private driveways and forest tracks.
A delightful old brick and flint cottage, found secluded in the middle of parkland at the top of a long track, is also available to hire inside and out.
- 3,ooo acre estate comprising grass fields, parkland, arable fields, ancient woodland, wild meadows and flower fields
- Landscape featuring both rolling valleys and stretches of flat, expansive ground
- 15-bedroom Georgian manor house (available to hire inside and out) offering a mix of rooms including the formal entrance hall, grand staircase, billiard room and large dining room, as well as the more ‘lived in’ family rooms
- Beautiful established gardens featuring a pond, brick walls, vegetable patch and both Victorian and modern greenhouses
- Numerous cottages across the Estate including a charming brick and flint cottage, available for interiors too, which sits isolated surrounded by grass and woodland
- Modern yard areas and farm buildings within the working farmyard
- Old, derelict stone barn in an isolated setting
- Private roads (tarmacked and concrete) and hard standing tracks
- Glamping options with modern cabins and a restored horse lorry
- Tennis courts and outdoor swimming pool
- Cows, chicken and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There is plenty of hardstanding parking for crew vehicles along with access to a crew base featuring kitchen and toilets.
The owners of Barley Estate can provide catering if required, with a cafe/bar/restaurant on the Estate’s grounds. Alternatively, local pubs and restaurants are just over 1 mile from the Estate.
Barley Estate is a ‘Shoot and Stay’ location; offering accommodation for at least 16 guests in 8x bedrooms (across the Main House) with further overnight rooms a possibility in the cottages and cabins depending on availability. Further B&B and hotel accommodation can be found within 1.5 miles of the Estate.
GETTING TO BARLEY ESTATE
Trains run from London Waterloo to Petersfield station (1 hour 15 minutes). Petersfield station is only a 10 minute drive to the Estate and the owners are happy to help with transfers.
Central London is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes by car.