Basset Farm, OX25
Perched on the top of a hill, overlooking the valley, Basset Farm covers 380 acres of grass and arable land including wheat and barley fields.
A set of charming tumbledown farm buildings are found within the farmyard, including barns and stable. The blend of stone walls, old brickwork and timber beams, with original features and fittings still in place, offer plenty of rustic backdrops and textures both inside and out.
As a working farm, Basset Farm also offers further barns, cattle sheds, stabling, hay stores and a workshop, which are still in use today and available to hire.
The traditional farmhouse neighbours the farmyard and opens its doors to interior hire too, with a selection of traditional rooms, along with outdoor access to two gardens.
- A working farm covering 380 acres of grass fields, crops and a small area of woodland with far-reaching views across the valley
- Long, private driveway leading to the farmyard and farmhouse
- Old ‘untouched’ farmyard featuring a selection of derelict farm buildings such as barns, sheds and stables. Further areas of the working yard offer additional barns, stables, cattle sheds, hay stores and a workshop
- Traditional farmhouse with annexe, available for interiors; with access to the drawing room, dining room, staircases, hallways, kitchen and the cellar. Adjoining gardens featuring classic brick walls, small courtyard and a swimming pool in a poly tunnel
- Additional farm cottage available for exteriors
- 40 acre solar farm
- Cows, horses, dogs and a cat
- Brook running through the farm
- Traditional ridge and furrow fields
- Vintage and modern tractors and land rovers
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s lots of hardstanding parking at the farm for crew vehicles. Additional field parking can be provided in the summer / dry months if required. The annexe attached to the main farmhouse can be used by crew as a base, with access to multiple rooms including bedrooms for dress changes, seating within the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom (toilet and showers).
Depending on crew arrangement, the owners of Basset Farm are happy to provide basic food by prior arrangement only. Alternatively there is a pub offering food within a mile of the farm, along with further dine-in options approx 3 miles from the farm. There are also local catering companies in the area.
There’s plenty of options for local overnight stay with numerous pubs and hotels approximately 3 miles of the farm. Crew are welcome to stay overnight in the annex ebedroom and sitting room area.
GETTING TO BASSET FARM
Trains run from London to Bicester North (50 minutes), Bicester Village (50 minutes), Oxford Parkway (1 hour) and Banbury (1 hour 5 minutes). The farm is approximately a 20 minute drive from all stations.
Central London is approx 1 hour 30 minutes by car.