Blue Sky Farm, SN8
Boasting big skies and panoramic views, the rolling landscape at Blue Sky Farm offers epic backdrops, and as a multi-faceted film location with excellent access and crew facilities, you are in for a treat here.
The large working farm produces a range of crops, farm animals and has a wide selection of modern agricultural buildings and farm machinery. Then follows a range of of other rural aesthetics at Blue Sky Farm, from the most stylish contemporary barn renovations, to ancient burial chambers and isolated yards in decay.
The old farm courtyard has been transformed into a vibrant events space, featuring six holiday lets and renovated barns; all set within a beautifully landscaped courtyard garden with alfresco dining area. Just down the end of a farm track sits an abandoned set of old farm buildings; taking you back to days of old with untouched shelters and barns. The heart of the farmland in an epic fields cape setting, lies an ancient burial chamber with its iconic standing stones and stone-built passage, which is available to hire inside and out.
- 2,500 acres of farmland growing a mix of crops including wheat / barley, seasonal pumpkins and sunflowers, grassland, wild meadows and woodland
- 1700’s brick farmhouse originally three cottages joined together (available for interiors)
- Renovated farm courtyard with a set of converted stables (available for accommodation and interior hire), refurbished granary and events barn offering studio space; all clustered around a landscaped courtyard featuring communal seating and dining area amongst the planting
- Working farmyard consisting of agricultural buildings including modern barns, old and new sheds, stables, workshop and warehouse space
- Collection of old, derelict farm buildings including an original barn and shelters set in an isolated valley position
- Views overlooking the Silbury Hill mound
- Racehorse gallops (restriction apply)
- Ancient 5500 year old burial chamber with iconic standing stones (available inside and out)
- Private roads (tarmacked and concrete) and hardstanding tracks
- Tennis court and outdoor swimming pool
- Modern tractors, farm machinery and landrovers
- Sheep, cows, horses, ponies, pigs, chicken and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hardstanding for the parking of crew vehicles. A crew base can also be made available onsite; the events spaces offer excellent crew facilities with warm spaces for wardrobe/ hair & make-up, toilets and a catering kitchen located close by, with the option for in-house catering by prior arrangement.
There is also a local pub and curry house only a 2 minute walk from the farm.
Blue Sky Farm offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ solution with its six luxury self-catering homes providing accommodation for up to 20 persons across 11x bedrooms. There is also alternative accommodation options with further B&Bs in the local village and a hotel within a 15 minute drive of the farm.
GETTING TO BLUE SKY FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Swindon station (journey time approximately 1 hour 10 minutes). The farm is approximately a 25 minute drive from Swindon train station, with a bus stop just a short 5 minute walk from the farm entrance.
Central London is approximately 2 hours by car.
Bristol is approximately 1 hour by car.