Buttermilk Farm, GL54
Buttermilk Farm is an organic dairy farm set in the heart of the Cotswolds, full of quintessential Englishness with its butter-coloured stone barns and manor house, village-life backdrops including its own cricket pitch and views of the neighbouring church; all surrounded by a rolling blanket of grassy fields and extensive woodland.
The picturesque Cotswold stone manor house and annexe sits amongst a collection of old stone barns and outbuildings; left untouched and possessing many original features inside and out, with their exposed beams and original flagstone floors.
Milking 300 dairy cows, the working yard brings you back to ‘present day farming’ offering modern agricultural elements within the fully-functioning milking parlour, cattle sheds, barns and stores.
- Organic working dairy farm covering 500 acres of grass fields and parkland with spots of wild flowers
- A further 200 acres of ancient woodland featuring evergreen areas, small clearings and drive-able woodland tracks
- Landscape of rolling valley hills and also flat, expansive areas
- Traditional Cotswold stone manor house set within a large garden and with direct access to the neighbouring church grounds
- Two additional Cotswold stone holiday cottages (available inside and out) along with access to cottage gardens
- Old farm courtyard consisting of an annexe and “untouched” stone outbuildings and barns with cobbled floors and beams
- Working dairy farmyard featuring modern barns, animal enclosures and milking parlour
- Access to a large 1861 Cotswold stone barn (available inside and out)
- Converted barn now used as a residence, located approx 1 mile from the main farmyard (available for inside and out)
- Village cricket pitch
- Shepherds Hut
- Hard standing tracks
- Original WW2 buildings including air raid bunkers, shelters and old tin Anderson sheds / hangars
- Cows (British Fresian and Dairy Shorthorn) and dogs
- Vintage tractors (Ford 4000 and Massey Ferguson) and a 1980s landrover
- Overnight accommodation available
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hard standing areas for the parking of crew vehicles. A crew base can also be provided at the farm, along with access to kitchen and toilet facilities.
Local caterers can be recommended upon request, however there is a pub serving food within a mile of the farm.
The farm can offer a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with its two onsite holiday cottages (2 bedroom and 1 bedroom) and shepherd hut. Alternatively, there’s additional holiday cottages and B&B accommodation in the village; all reachable within a 5 minute drive. Hotel accommodation can be found within a 10 minute drive of the farm.
GETTING TO BUTTERMILK FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Kemble station. The farm is a 25 minute drive from Kemble station.
Central London is approx 2 hours 15 minutes.