Chess Farm, WD3
Situated just off the M25, Chess Farm offers easy access from Central London. Set within an area of outstanding natural beauty, this farm location provides unique shoot opportunities with its undisturbed landscape and derelict buildings.
Refurbishment work has begun to the farmyard, however the rustic original shells of the barns still stand. Next to the cluster of barns, sits the original farmhouse, now dishevelled and graffiti ridden, it potentially makes the ideal backdrop for a photoshoot or film-maker.
Surrounded by untouched farmland and woodland, a sense of peace, seclusion and abandonment is created here at Chess Farm.
- 160 acres of farmland, grass fields and woodland
- Close to London location (only 10 mins from the M25)
- 300m private gravel driveway
- Historic, original barns (currently being refurbished) as well as a separate modern storage barn close to the woodland
- Derelict, graffiti ridden farmhouse (interiors and exteriors available)
- On-site helipad and 400m grass runway
- Easy access river frontage and small pond
FACILITIES AT CHESS FARM
There is 100sqm of open concrete hardstanding for crew parking.
There is a temporary portercabin currently on-site featuring toilets, fridge and electric, which can be used as a crew base.
Complete location flexibility with easy access across the farm and multiple access points to fields.
There are local takeaway companies who can deliver to the farm. Alternatively, there is further catering options within 2 miles.
Overnight accommodation can be found within 4 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO CHESS FARM
Trains run from London Marylebone to Chorleywood station (27 minutes). Chess Farm is approx a 10min drive from Chorleywood station.
Alternatively, trains also run from Marylebone to Rickmansworth station (22 minutes). The farm is also approx a 10min drive from Rickmansworth.
Only 1hour from Central London.
15 mins from Leavesden studios.
25 mins from Pinewood studios Iver.