Church Farm, CM1
Church Farm is a large working arable farm near Chelmsford, Essex, offering its full range of locations within one ring-fenced block, and all with no public roads running through. Expanses of open land are peppered with natural areas including lakes, ponds, woodland and shelter belts. Modern farm buildings are in abundance with extensive areas of farmyard, a wide selection of machinery (agricultural and construction), linked together with miles of private tracks and drives.
Within Church Farm’s ownership and as its name suggests, is a charming little church, overlooking a duck pond.
- Open arable land (wheat, oilseed rape, beans and potatoes)
- Grassland, natural wild areas with woodland and shelter belts
- Several lakes and ponds
- Farm buildings – industrial modern and charming old (from vast new grain stores to original brick stable blocks)
- Two farm houses (externals only)
- Agricultural machinery (tractors / combine / forktruck (industrial and teleporter) / grass equipment / cultivation equipment) and construction (selection of diggers)
- Deconsecrated little church
- Old gravel workings
Facilities at Church Farm
A building is available for a crew facility, with loos. Endless parking areas across the concrete yards. Two good food pubs are on the edge of the farm.
Getting to Church Farm
Chelmsford station is 30 minutes by train to Liverpool Street station, and then the farm is just 10 minutes by taxi from there.
By car, it’s a 1 hour drive into central London.