Clavering Park, EX11
At the heart of Clavering Park, a country estate in East Devon, is its Georgian manor house and Capability Brown landscape, complete with grand interiors, sweeping drive, 18th century parkland, lakes and ancient trees.
Extending over 500 acres, the estate owners are passionate conservationists and biodiversity is crucial here, where wildlife thrives alongside the working farm with arable land and grazing cattle and sheep. Traditional farm buildings, thatched cottages, orchards and streams are just an additional taster to the diversity of shoot opportunities at Clavering Park.
- Georgian manor house and surrounding gardens (including interiors)
- 18th century parkland (Capability Brown landscape) with views to Iron Age hill fort
- Long private drives
- Two lakes, stream and bridge
- Traditional orchard, woodlands and isolated ancient trees
- Farmhouse and two thatched cottages (exteriors only)
- Farm yard with array of farm buildings, including waterwheel
- Wild flower meadows and grazed pasture (sheep and cattle), arable crops
Facilities at Clavering Park
A large barn is suitable as a crew base (seats 40), with simple catering facilities, loo, and plenty of surrounding hard standing. Catering can be provided for by an in-house team.
Getting to the Location
Roughly 3 hours’ drive from Chiswick, Clavering Park is just off the A30 (NOTE: concrete A30 dual carriageway cuts through southern side of location)
Alternatively, it’s a 2.5-3 hours train ride from London, with Feniton station being the closest (just 1 mile from the estate)