Clay Pit Wood, HP23
Clay Pit Wood offers 120 acres of mixed woodland and grassland, not far from Leavesden Studios. Named after its interconnected series of deep holes resulting from brick clay extraction, the woodland also has tracks, a large 8 acre clearing and plenty of character across its established and younger plantations of trees.
- A mixed woodland including beech and conifer trees (ideal for Christmas-themed shoots)
- Interconnected clay pits, with steep banks
- Established and younger plantations
- 8 acre clearing of grass, surrounded by the woodland
- Two small ponds (dry in Summer)
- Trackways and gateways
Facilities at Clay Pit Wood
Good access and parking. with mains water. Two good pubs are located within 1 mile and can offer support.
Getting to the Location
Only 1 hour’s drive from Central London, and 20 minutes to Leavesden Studios.
Chesham tube station (Bakerloo line) is 13 miles from the woods.