Clyde Valley Farm, ML12
Located in the southern Scottish uplands, Clyde Valley Farm offers dramatic views across the valley, with its grass fields and marshes extending out onto high rough hills, laced with drystone walls and with a dotting of old stone stells and cattle shed ruins.
This working farm is home to herd of Aberdeen Angus cattle and over 1,000 sheep, and features both traditional and modern farm buildings. The farmhouse has been recently renovated and extended out into an adjoining barn, yet still retains many original features and textures. Sitting just behind the farmhouse, is the original farm courtyard boasting a charming display of old stone farm sheds.
- 1,000 acres of rolling grass fields, marshland and wild flower meadows, with dramatic views up the valley to Tinto Hill
- Working cattle and sheep farm featuring an old farm courtyard with a collection of original stone farm buildings along with more modern additions including an open cow shed and sheep sheds
- Recently renovated farmhouse, sympathetically extended into the adjoining barn offering both modern and traditional aspects (available for interiors). Garden features vegetable patch and modern greenhouse.
- Additional farm cottage in an isolated setting
- Equestrian facilities
- Access to the River Clyde and a pond
- Round dry-stone stells and derelict cow shed ruins in remote locations
- West Coast mainline train tracks running through the farm
- Hard-standing tracks and bridges
- Aberdeen Angus cattle, sheep (Texels, Scottish mules and Scottish black face), pony and dogs (including trained sheep dogs)
- Classic cars and bikes, land rovers, quad bike and modern tractors
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hardstanding for the parking of crew vehicles at the farm. Access to a large farm kitchen and additional room within the main house for dress changes, hair & make-up etc. One of the sheep sheds can be made available if further crew space is required by crew.
A service station is located approx 2 miles from the farm providing food and accommodation options. The owners of Clyde Valley Farm can offer overnight stays for crew within the main house with 2x spare bedrooms available.
GETTING TO CLYDE VALLEY FARM
Trains run from London Euston to Lockerbie station. Lockerbie station is approximately a 40 minute drive to the farm. Alternatively, there are flights from London to either Edinburgh or Glasglow airport. The farm is approximately a 1 hour 10 minute drive from Edinburgh airport and a 50 minute drive from Glasgow airport.
Despite its remote location, the farm is easily accessible and only a 2 minute drive from a main motorway.
Clyde Valley Farm is a 45 minute drive from Wardpark Film Studios in Glasgow.