Cress Lands, WD3
Set within a green oasis of lakes and natural landscape, Cress Lands was once a watercress farm, and now boasts being the most natural wildlife conservation centre in the country. It is home to a vast array of rare breed animals from across the World.
Open only rarely to the public, this extraordinary location can be exclusively hired most days of the year.
Located only a stone’s throw from Central London, the location offers gateways to Africa, Australia, Asia, North and South America (from the Caribbean to the Wild West!) with its themed ‘zones’ of which are home to over 60 species of exotic animals, from armadillos, zebras, bison, kangaroos and flamingoes to your ‘typical’ farm animals too with its resident donkeys, sheep, goats and pigs.
The former cress-beds now present as natural-looking shallow waterways flanked by reeds with small islands at the centre, with further waterside backdrops on offer down by the streams, canal and river banks, as well as koi ponds and multiple lakes including a secret ‘hide away’ lake and large fishing lake.
- Close to London shoot location, inside the M25
- 15 acre Wildlife conservation centre and ‘rare breeds’ world farm with over 60 species of animals including armadillos, zebras, reindeer, kangaroos, bison, flamingoes, llama, alpacas, Hungarian Steppe cattle, Gloucester Old Spot Pigs, African Pygmy goats, sheep, donkeys and many more!
- Grass and woodland areas, along with access to shallow waterways, natural streams, ponds, canal (with private moorings), river and lakes (one featuring a pontoon)
- Themed zones across the site providing backdrops of the ‘overseas’ with its extensive array of animals, plantings and selection of buildings including Africa, Australia, Asia, Caribbean, South and North America
- Animal enclosures including paddocked areas, wooden shacks, Africa style rondavel goat houses and western saloon styled bison house
- Victorian greenhouse, fishing hut and a large wooden building with a safari lodge vibe (with gift shop, conference room, offices, small kitchen and toilets)
- Air raid shelter
- Private tracks
- Landrovers, pick-up trucks and boats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s plenty of parking onsite for crew vehicles, accommodating for up to 20 cars. There is also a large public car park only a 10 minute walk away, if additional parking is required. A crew base can be provided in the Central Lodge, with access to a spacious conference room, boardroom and small kitchen featuring microwave, fridge and kettle. There are also toilet and shower facilities available for crew use.
The fishing hut, if available, is ideal for smaller production use and features an indoor seating area complete with toilet and shower facilities.
A selection of snacks are available within the reception area of the park. Local catering companies can provide a service to the farm, along with alternative take-away and dine-in food options within a 10 minute walk.
Hotel accommodation can also be found within a 10 minute walk.
GETTING TO CRESS LANDS
Travelling on the London Underground via the Metropolitan Line, the closest tube station is Watford Underground Station, just a 15-minute walk from Cress Lands. Local buses are also available, with a coach / bus stop only a 5 minute walk away.