Dakota Farm, GL7
Formerly a World War II RAF base and once where the almighty Dakota planes took to the skies, Dakota Farm is now a registered local wildlife site offering a beautifully remote setting for filming and photography.
The 19th century Cotswold farmhouse with its dry-stone walled garden, enjoys an isolated spot within the open wildly fields that surround it, making the farm an ideal backdrop for a remote house brief. Views extend across the surrounding meadows, woodland and neighbouring farmland.
The woodland primarily consists of an old WWII plantation featuring remnants of wartime bunkers, grass clearings, a pond and occasional stream, accessible tracks, and a large mound reaching 10m in height can also be found amongst the trees.
- 100 acres of flat and expansive grass fields, wild flower meadows and a mix of woodland
- Registered local wildlife site
- Far-reaching countryside views
- 5-bedroom Cotswold farmhouse originally built in 1855 offering modern interiors and access to a dry-stone walled garden featuring modern greenhouse and productive vegetable patch
- 1940’s farm buildings including modern barns/ stores
- Evergreen ‘forest’ areas, with most trees forming part of a WWII plantation; additional features include a woodland pond, clearing, natural streams and a large mound (c.10m high) amongst the trees
- Solar farm
- Private concrete roads and hard standing tracks
- Remains of a few small derelict WWII structures in the woods including bunkers, buildings and AA gun emplacements
- Small Kubota tractor, pick-ups and a quad bike
- ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with overnight accommodation on the farm
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking at the farm for crew vehicles. A crew base can be provided onsite within one of the barns, along with access to a separate toilet and shower block.
Dakota Farm offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option, accommodating up to 14 persons for overnight stays within the main farmhouse. Alternative accommodation can be found within 2.5 miles of the farm. There are various take-away food options that deliver to the farm, along with a local supermarket and ‘dine in’ places within 3.5 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO DAKOTA FARM
Trains run directly from London Paddington to Charlbury station (2 hours 30 mins). The farm is approx. a 25 minute drive from Charlbury station.
Oxford is approx. a 30 minute drive from the farm.
Central London is approx. 2 hours by car.