Dales Way Farm, BD23
Nestled quietly into the hillside of the Yorkshire Dales, Dales Way Farm offers an outdoor wilderness of open moorland, rugged grassland and native British and Scot’s Pine woodland. With re-wilding close to the owners hearts, the land is not only home to a herd of Belted Galloway cattle but also heaps of rare wildlife too.
Sitting high above sea level, the landscape reaches across dramatically steep hills, along with further interesting backdrops found amongst the purple carpet of seasonal heather, including the meandering ‘stepping stone’ river, waterfalls and fascinating moss covered grounds.
The traditional stone Victorian farmhouse, with adjoining converted haylofts and nature barn are also available to hire both inside and out, providing overnight accommodation for crew too.
- Dramatic landscape set on the famous ‘Dales Way’, in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales
- Eco-farm spanning 400 acres of hilly grassland, wild flower meadows, stretches of natural moorland, native British woodland and Scots pine woodland
- Purple heather (flowering late summer)
- Very steep “mountain-like” hills (1,200 and 1,600ft above sea level) with far-reaching views
- Traditional stone Victorian farmhouse built in 1871 available inside and out, along with adjoining gardens
- Adjoining the main house are two converted self-catering holiday lets and a converted Nature barn used for events and education featuring its own cafe and toilets
- Large agricultural barn featuring wood store and boiler room
- Natural lakes, 2x waterfalls, streams and a meandering river with stepping stones
- Small bridge
- Bird hide overlooking the beck
- ‘Tree Graveyard” – fallen trees with exposed root structures
- Rewilding site home to a diverse range of wildlife including black grouse, crossbills, curlews, oystercatchers, redpolls, birds of prey, red squirrels
- Hard standing tracks
- Vintage and modern tractors
- Belted Galloway cows, chicken and a dog
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking onsite for crew vehicles. A crew base can be set up in the Nature barn, which offers its own toilet facilities, kitchenette with microwave and hot / cold drinks selection and seating area.
Takeaway food options and overnight accommodation including B&Bs and hotels, can be found within a 15 minute drive of the farm. The farm does stock ready-made meals (mainly purchased by campers), which can be heated onsite if required.
The farm does also offer a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with its 2x holiday lets, which can be used by crew by prior arrangement. Each let has a king and twin bedrooms, two bathrooms, fully serviced kitchen and living room. Additionally, there is a local farm less than a mile away that can provide overnight stays for up to 30 persons in their ‘Bunk Barn’.
Please note, articulated trucks will not be able to access the property due to limited turning circles and track access (restricted to 18t vehicles max). The roads to the farm through the Dales are quite windy which may limit truck options.
GETTING TO DALES WAY FARM
Trains run from London Kings Cross to Skipton station via Leeds. The farm is approximately an hour’s drive from Skipton station.
Central London is approximately 5 hours.