Darley Estate, YO41
The Darley Estate is a glorious countryside location covering several thousand acres flanking the river Derwent in the Vale of York.
The centrepiece Georgian mansion was built in 1726 and is available for interiors filming, along with its surrounding grounds of gardens, parkland, long drives and some outlying buildings. The Estate also includes a variety of farmsteads, woodland, watercourses, grassland and arable fields.
- Georgian mansion, built in 1726 over 4 floors, positioned in the bend of the River Derwent
- Farmsteads with mix of ancient buildings and more recent additions
- A wide variety of traditional and modern brick houses, offices, and workshops
- White painted cottage nestled in a large wood
- Miles of private roads and tracks
- Woodland (broadleaf, conifer and mixed)
- Riverbanks and ponds
- Grazing in parkland and pasture for sheep, cattle, pigs and horses
- Arable crops (wheat, barley, oil seed rape, potatoes, and carrots) and wild conservation areas
- Fairy trail
Facilities on the Darley Estate
Most parts of the estate can provide crew bases (loos, warm space, kitchen facilities, heating) and there is ample parking for the largest film crews. Access across the Estate is good with extensive use of private roads and tracks.
The owner can cater for up to 50 guests at the house, and also has plenty of recommendations for outsourced local caterers.
There are no busy roads or flight paths affecting any part of the property.
Getting to the Darley Estate
York is usually reached 1hr 50 minutes by train from London Kings Cross, and the Estate is 30 mins (9 miles) from there by taxi.