Dragonfly Farm, RH12
From the fields of grasses, wildflowers, farmland and glorious parkland, to the tranquil spots down by the ponds and the farm’s very own walled vegetable garden, Dragonfly Farm is a haven for all things rural, wild and natural.
Areas of abundant woodland lie across the farm’s grounds, including down by the water’s edge. Enchanting tracks run amongst the trees, there are evergreen forest-like areas and even a hidden woodland house.
Sitting close to the farm’s largest pond, in an isolated field setting of its own, is a contemporary off-grid eco-cabin, which is available to hire inside and out.
- 1,400 acres of historic parkland, orchards, wild flower meadows, arable fields (Barley, wheat and oats) and ancient woodland
- Working farmyard featuring modern barns, stores, workshop, stables and a small limestone courtyard area offering more traditional farm buildings
- Exterior use of traditional red-brick cottage with adjoining garden
- Additional walled garden with productive vegetable patch, polytunnels and a greenhouse
- Off-grid eco-cabin in an isolated field setting
- Multiple ponds including 3x large ponds
- Hidden woodland house (available for exteriors)
- Woodland tracks, private tarmacked roads and hard standing tracks
- Tennis court
- Good relations with the church situated on the grounds (available inside and out)
- Modern tractors and farm machinery
- Ducks, geese, chicken, goats, horses, donkeys and sheep
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hardstanding including a large car park area for the parking of crew vehicles. A warm, dry crew base can also be provided on site.
The farm has its own farm shop and sitting next-door to the main carpark is a tea room / restaurant under separate ownership, which if available, could cater for crew. Alternatively, there are local shops, supermarkets, a pub and cafes within 1.5 miles of the farm.
The farm has its own off-grid eco-cabin for rental (2x double bunk beds) for overnight stay, with hotel accommodation also available within 4 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO DRAGONFLY FARM
Trains run from London to Gatwick airport station or Three Bridges. The farm is approximately a 15 minute drive from either station.
Central London is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
The farm is approximately a 1 hour 15 minutes drive from Leavesden Studio, Watford.