Exmoor Farm, TA24
Being the highest farm on Exmoor, this farm location offers exceptional views, stretching across a rolling valley landscape of open moorland, expansive grass hills and wooded area too.
The main Georgian house, which is open for interiors, sits overlooking the impressive slopes of Hangley Cleave and forms part of a traditional farm courtyard to the front. The original 1850’s courtyard features a charming ‘Olde English’ collection of farm buildings including an old threshing barn, outbuildings and stabling, with a grass lawn at its centre. One of the original farm buildings within the courtyard has been converted into a residential property, along with the old Three hing barn having undergone interior renovation but looking very much untouched from the exterior. Other buildings remain in a derelict condition; all of which are available to shoot inside and out.
As a working farm, there is a separate farmyard close by, offering a more modern selection of farm buildings such as barns, stores, a workshop, warehouse space and a complete equestrian centre.
- 950 acres of moorland, pasture and woodland with far-reaching views across the valley
- Working farm with main yard area featuring modern agricultural buildings including barns, stores, a workshop and warehouse space
- Olde English farm setting with a traditional 1850’s courtyard featuring original farm buildings, an Old Threshing barn and stables
- Main 14-bedroom Georgian house (available for interiors and exteriors) within an isolated setting and views of the dramatic slopes of Hangley Cleave
- Gardens feature walled areas, a modern greenhouse and a market garden with productive vegetable patch
- Interior and exterior use of an additional farm cottage and also a converted farm building within the courtyard area
- Exterior use of 3x further farm cottages
- Stream running between the moorland and pasture fields
- Equestrian centre featuring internal American style barn (with 12 Monarch stables), modern tack room and a large indoor arena
- Tennis court
- Wind turbines
- Private roads (ancient, tarmacked and concrete) and hardstanding tracks
- Pigs, sheep, horses, ponies, dogs, cows and chickens
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s plenty of parking at the farm for crew vehicles. A crew base can be made available within one of the renovated barns, which is heated and has access to toilet and shower facilities.
Crew catering can be provided on site, alternatively there are a few local pubs serving food within a 5-10 minute drive of the farm.
The farm also offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with access to its three holiday homes (sleeping 2 persons, 6 persons and 14 persons). Further overnight accommodation can be found within 3 miles of the farm
GETTING TO EXMOOR FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to either Tiverton Parkway (2 hours) or Barnstaple (3 hours 30 mins). The farm is a 35 minute car journey from Barnstaple station and a 45 drive from Tiverton Parkway.
Central London is approximately 4 hours by car.