Fernwood Farm, SO51
Fernwood Farm is a working farm for hire in Hampshire, covering 1,000 acres of farmland including wheat and barley fields, grass paddocks and extensive woodland.
The farm offers classic farm vibes with an old farmyard comprising traditional brick buildings, a former dairy, holding yard and pig-sties, along with large modern barns, cattle sheds and stores, a fine collection of rustic farm props and all sorts of machinery including an original Threshing machine and vintage tractor. Add to that a wonderful array of resident farm animals and Fernwood Farm will tick many a box for filming and photoshoots.
With access to a delightful little church, sat isolated within the farm’s grounds, only minutes from the farmhouse and available to hire both inside and out, Fernwood Farm offers some unexpected features too. It is also home to an original 1960’s aircraft hangar located at the end of a grass airstrip with connections to plane and pilot hire.
- 1,000 acres of land consisting of fields of crops, grassland and woodland, with far-reaching views over the Hampshire countryside
- A mix of both traditional and modern farm buildings found within the old farmyard featuring a cluster of original brick farm buildings including the former dairy, pig-sties, holding yard, barns and stables, and also more modern farm buildings including barns, cattle sheds and stores providing potential warehouse and storage space, and an American style cattle handling system
- Georgian farmhouse with access to interior rooms including a traditional kitchen, sitting room, dining room and cellar
- 16th century church (interiors available)
- Airfield featuring private grass landing strip and 1960’s aircraft hangar (interiors available). Contacts available for plane and pilot hire.
- Private concrete roads and hardstanding tracks
- Farm props available to hire including an original Threshing machine and vintage tractor
- Wood cabin (Glamping)
- Cows, sheep, donkey, horses, ponies, chicken, dogs and cats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hardstanding parking for crew vehicles at the farm. Access to a dry, undercover crew base can be provided in the annexe, summer house or shed depending on requirements, along with use of basic kitchen facilities including fridge and kettle. Toilets are located on the farm itself and also down by the airfield.
Accommodation can be provided for up to two persons in the wood cabin currently used as a Glamping business. Alternative accommodation and further catering options can be found locally, just over three miles from the farm.
GETTING TO FERNWOOD FARM
Trains run from London Waterloo to Winchester train station (1 hour). The farm is approximately a 15 minute car journey from Winchester station.
Central London is 1 hour 30 minutes by car.
Southampton Airport is approximately 20 minutes by car.