Glen Esk Estate, EH26
Located on the outskirts of Edinburgh, Glen Esk Estate is certainly a world away from the hustle of the city. Resting at the foot of the Pentland Hills, this special shoot location covers over 1,000 acres of rugged grassland and forest; crossing over deep glens and mountainous peaks, full of natural wonders including streams, rivers, waterfalls, caves and rock formations. Surrounded by hilly slopes, an impressive secluded reservoir sits hidden; complete with jetty, rowing boat and a small cottage close to the water’s edge.
The Scottish baronial home enchants with its fairytale turreted exterior and poetic elegance, and is available to hire inside and out. The estate also has a working farm with a selection of modern agricultural buildings and holiday accommodation available to hire.
- Over 1,000 acres of epic landscape spanning over grassy valley hills with areas of woodland and forest
- 1700’s turreted mansion house (available inside and out, and as a shoot-takeover location); with a range of traditional interior rooms and adjoining modern conveniences in the adjoining events space
- Formal walled gardens along with a tennis court and separate vegetable garden area featuring a greenhouse and polytunnel
- Working farmyard offering modern agricultural buildings
- Large reservoir featuring a jetty, along with access to smaller ponds, rivers and streams across the estate
- Isolated cottage located near to the reservoir (available for interiors)
- Natural outdoor features including waterfalls, caves and rock formations
- Graveyard, ruins and ancient monuments
- Overnight accommodation provided in the main house plus 7x additional holiday cottages and a farmhouse (also available for shoots inside and out)
- Wind turbines
- Drivable private roads and hardstanding tracks
- Modern tractors, classic cars, landrovers and rowing boats
- Sheep and dogs
FACILITIES ON LOCATION
There’s a large parking area for approximately 60x cars onsite with additional parking space for around 20x cars nearby. A crew base can be provided on location, with the estate offering a variety of building options including flexible meeting rooms and events spaces, along with access to toilets and basic kitchen facilities.
A catering company who can supply food on location and / or catering van suppliers can be recommended upon request. Alternatively, there are a number of takeaway options within a 5-10 minute drive of the estate.
Glen Esk Estate offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with its onsite accommodation split across two sites; with overnight stay for up to 40x persons in the main house with additional holiday cottage accommodation for up to 10x persons on the farm. There is also a B&B next-door to the estate along with further self-catering options and a hotel located nearby.
GETTING TO GLEN ESK ESTATE
Trains run from St Pancras International to Edinburgh (4 hour journey time). The estate is approximately a 40 minute drive from Edinburgh Waverly.