God’s Own Farm, DL11
Showcasing a blend of rugged beauty, working farm and “smart country” living with its stylishly renovated set of buildings and functioning farmyard, God’s Own Farm is all nestled within the exceptional Yorkshire Dales, otherwise known as God’s Own Country.
Sat within a secluded glacial bowl, stretching across windswept valley hills and with a network of dry stone walls; the heather-covered moors, wild flower woodland, grassy meadows and scrubland make for breathtaking scenery and backdrops.
The 18th century farmhouse has been sensitively renovated along with the old Cart House and stone barns, offering a range of interior backdrops in a modern-classic style, yet still complimenting many original features including the old Yorkstone staircase, rustic wooden beams, traditional furnishings and open fireplaces.
- Stunning landscape offering both dramatic hills and valleys but also stretches of flat and expansive land. Covering 650 acres of moorland, woodland, meadows, orchards and scrubland
- Isolated location; 2 miles from the nearest main road down a private track
- Far-reaching views across the Yorkshire dales included a secluded glacial bowl
- Arrangement of renovated farm buildings, including an 18th century farmhouse, converted stone barns and a former cart house (all available for hire inside and out)
- Lawn featuring haha border with extended views
- A small working farmyard featuring modern agricultural barns and stores, with access to a modern tractor, quad bike, mule, large trailer, sheep trailers and bobcat
- Ponds, wild swimming pool and a beck / stream featuring a beautiful waterfall, a foot bridge and a road bridge
- Hard-standing tracks
- Old packhorse bridge
- Stone entrance to an old lead mine tunnel
- Middle White pigs and Swaledale sheep
- ‘Shoot and Stay’ location with onsite accommodation in the main house
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s plenty of parking on the farm for crew vehicles. There are various options on location for a crew base – depending on availability, crew are welcome to base themselves in the main farmhouse, the Milking Parlour or the games room depending on requirements. Access to toilets and tea-making facilities can be provided.
With prior arrangement, catering can be provided by the farm owners. Alternatively, the farm is 7 miles from a town, which has a number of eating in / take away options.
Accommodation can be provided for up to 22 persons (across 5x doubles and 5x twin rooms) in the main farmhouse, with additional overnight space in the cart house. There is further holiday let accommodation 2 miles from the farm.
GETTING TO GOD’S OWN FARM
Trains run from London to Northallerton or Darlington station. The farm is approximately a 40-45 mins car drive from either Northallerton or Darlington station.