Golden Farm, GL56
Golden Farm delights with its ‘Olde English’ manor and farm vibes in a quiet setting. The Cotswold stone manor house offers a veil of traditional furnishings and unmodernised interiors, looking out on to formal grounds with extensive stretches of lawn, an orchard, walled garden areas, outdoor swimming pool, grass tennis court, croquet lawn and traditional kitchen garden with potting shed and Victorian greenhouse.
A few short steps away you can find a quaint farmyard, once a working dairy yard and later converted to stables for horses and greyhound kennels in the 1950’s. This old farm courtyard remains today and features traditional farm buildings including charming stone barns, stables, an original tack room, along with various sheds and outbuildings.
- 200 acres of grass fields mainly used for grazing and haymaking (inc some traditional ‘Ridge and Furrow’), parkland, wild flower meadows and large copses of woodland
- Cotswold stone manor house available both inside and out. Surrounding garden grounds featuring walled areas, croquet lawn, grass tennis court with net, an outdoor cold water swimming pool (cleaned and filled for the summer months, pond green for the rest of the year), orchard and productive vegetable garden with potting shed and unglazed Victorian greenhouse
- Stables and equestrian facilities including a sand horse arena
- Old and modern farm buildings including a traditional courtyard providing an ‘Olde English’ farm setting with its stone barns, outbuildings, sheds, garage, stables and the original tack room, which hasn’t changed since the 1950’s. More modern barns and stores are also available to hire.
- Woodland streams
- Vintage tractors and land rovers
- Hard-standing tracks
- Hay and straw bales
- Cows (including a Dairy herd that graze the land from a nearby dairy farm), horses, ponies, dogs, chicken and a cat
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s plenty of hardstanding for parking of crew vehicles along with additional field parking if required. Crew are welcome to base themselves within the manor house, where access to toilets, a utility room (featuring sink, fridge and tea-making facilities) and a large warm sitting room, are available. The sitting room leads to a small patio area, which can also be used by crew.
B&B accommodation can be found within a 2 minute walk of the farm. A local town can be reached within a 5 minute drive, providing numerous options for overnight stay and food, with its selection of public houses, hotels, B&Bs, restaurants and supermarket.
Local companies providing food directly to the farm can be recommended upon request.
GETTING TO GOLDEN FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Moreton-in-Marsh station (approx. 1hr 30-40). The farm is approximately a 10-15 minute drive from Moreton-in-Marsh station.
Central London is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes by car.
Pinewood Studios is approximately 1hr 30 minute drive drive from the farm.
Warner Bros Studios is a 1hr 35 minute drive.
BBC White City is approximately 1 hr 50 minute drive.