Hilltop Farm, OX11
Situated on the chalky Berkshire Downs, Hilltop Farm commands around 2000 acres with spectacular views across the Oxfordshire / Berkshire border.
The working farm has a central farmyard featuring a range of agricultural barns, sheds and stores. Sitting at the entrance to the farm is an old flour mill with a vintage style petrol pump.
Surrounding the farmyard, the landscape stretches over the downs, with ancient juniper trees running across the valley. The farmland comprises various cereal crops, potato fields, flat open grass fields and pasture for sheep and pigs. There are also areas of rolling woodland.
One of the main highlights of this farm location is the iron-age grass hill fort, which is approx 4 hectares in size. This historic site can be accessed directly from the farm and is available for shoots too.
- 2,000 acres of farmland including grass fields, arable land and woodland
- Crops: Wheat, Barley, Oil Seed rape and commercial potato crops
- Private roads and tracks
- Farmhouse (exterior only) with gardens and a small orchard
- Iron-age grass hill-fort approx. 4 hectares in size (Blewburton Hill)
- Farmyard featuring both old and modern agricultural buildings
- Old Flour Mill house and vintage petrol pump
- A row of approx 20 storage containers
- Streams and ditches
- Sheep, pigs, donkeys and geese
- Modern farm vehicles and machinery
FACILITIES AT HILLTOP FARM:
There is good access via concrete roads across most of the farm. Plenty of hardstanding parking for crew vehicles.
A crew base can be provided on site including the use of a toilet, sink and down-time area. A kitchen may also be free depending on availability.
The farm owners could supply (upon request) a coffee/ snack cattle trailer as a catering option. Alternatively, there are further catering options within 3 miles of the farm.
There is B&B accommodation within 1 mile of the farm.
GETTING TO THE FARM:
Trains run direct from London Paddington to Didcot Parkway (35-40 minutes). Hilltop Farm is a 7 minute drive from Didcot Parkway.
East London is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes by car.
Leavesdon Film Studios (Watford) is just over an hours drive by car.