Honeystone Estate, GL54
From rows of quaint cottages and honey coloured farmhouses to sweeping countryside and stretches of private old lanes, Honeystone Estate offers a complete village setting for film, tv and stills shoots.
Sitting at the heart of this picturesque Cotswold village is the handsome manor house, with its rooms available for use, along with access to the garden grounds beyond with formal walled areas and wildly natural spots too.
An old, disused farmyard offers derelict farm buildings, along with an abandoned farmhouse; now used as a workshop but offers an excellent canvas for dressing. There are three further working yards across the estate, with a mix of more modern day agricultural buildings including grain stores, stabling, barns and tractor sheds; some teaming up as useful crew storage options and warehouse space.
- 1,500 acre estate consisting of parkland, a mix of crops including wheat / barley, grass fields, wild flower meadows, an orchard and woodland with evergreen areas
- Cotswold stone manor house offering a range of internal rooms for hire including conservatory and minstrel gallery
- Manor gardens featuring formal walled areas with flower borders, topiary hedging, expansive lawn, mature trees and a pond, along with more wild spots amongst the mature trees, meadow grasses and vegetable patch. Access to cottage gardens too.
- 38x further properties including cottages and farmhouses within a village setting (some available for interior use)
- Lodge house (available for interior and exterior use)
- Old farmyard area offering derelict buildings including an old small farmhouse (currently used as a workshop) and various disused outbuildings
- 3x further working yard areas with more modern farm buildings such as barns, grain stores, stables and warehouse space
- Isolated Cotswold stone barn located in the valley, near a small area of woodland
- Old ice house with thatched roof
- Glamping pods, safari tents and converted barn holiday accommodation
- Good relations with the local church
- Modern tractors and farm machinery
- Small natural stream
- Outdoor swimming pool and tennis court
- Private roads (tarmac and concrete – resembling public lanes) and hard standing tracks
- Sheep, goats, cows (including Highland cattle), donkeys, alpacas, horses, ducks and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There is plenty of parking onsite for crew vehicles including hardstanding and grass areas. A crew base for smaller productions can be provided on location, which includes access to a kitchen, toilet and downtime area.
The estate has its own cafe, which can provide catering if required. Alternatively, there is a pub serving food 2 miles from the estate and various restaurants, cafes and coffee shops in a local village just over 4 miles away.
Honeystone Estate offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with its own self-catering accommodation in glamping pods, safari tents and converted barns. Further self-catering, B&B and hotel overnight stay can also be found within 4 miles of the estate.
GETTING TO HONEYSTONE ESTATE
Trains run from London Paddington to Kingham station. The estate is approximately a 25 minute drive from Kingham station.
Central London is approximately 2 hours 40 minutes by car.