Knights Moat Farm, OX18
Flaunting English country charm, Knights Moat Farm offers an array of countryside backdrops; from its exquisite formal grounds bursting with floral colour and quaint garden features, to vibes of the more ‘wild and natural’ among the fields of wild flowers, water meadows, farmland and grass meadows.
An ancient moat encompasses the gardens and the 17th century Cotswold country house, which itself offers a selection of traditionally styled rooms for interior shooting. Further water hotspots include ponds, a small lake within the wetland area, stretches of riverside access, along with a private Thames backwater area too. A riverside field planted with tall ‘Cricket Bat’ Willow trees is gifted with stunning views up the River Thames.
The working farmyard offers a selection of both modern and traditional farm buildings including a large 19th century Cotswold stone barn, 1950’s cow shed, workshop area, original Nissan huts and access to some newer barns and sheds.
- Over 600 acres of land consisting mainly of arable fields, water meadows, wild flower meadows and grassland for grazing and hay-making
- A moated 17th century Cotswold country house with traditional interiors, available to shoot both inside and out
- Exquisite walled gardens divided into areas of varying styles including a rose garden, ‘wild’ courtyard garden and the more formal gardens; all of which feature vibrant flower beds, shrubs and specimen trees, a monumental yew arch, living willow tunnel, manicured lawns, a wooden Victorian-styled greenhouse, tennis court, carp ponds and three wooden moat bridges crossing the water
- 18th century charming stone cottage located approx 1 mile away from the main house (also available for interiors), which perches on the banks of the River Thames and has access to its own garden
- Working farm featuring an old farmyard with a collection of both modern and traditional farm buildings including a large 19th century Cotswold stone barn, 1950’s cow shed, workshop area, outbuildings and shelters
- An area of newly planted woodland featuring a 300m mown-grass avenue through the middle
- 3-acre field planted with tall cricket bat Willow trees and incredible views up the River Thames
- 5-acre wetland habitat with small lake
- Direct access to the River Thames including a private backwater area (with boat moorings)
- 2x operational campsites during the summer months (between April and September)
- 2x large Nissan huts
- 2x banks of ground-mounted solar panels
- Modern tractors, landrover and truck
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s plenty of hard-standing within the main yard for the parking of crew vehicles, along with a secondary grass car park accommodating up to 50 cars. A warm, dry crew base can be provided onsite, along with toilet access and tea-making facilities.
Depending on availability, the farm’s 3-bedroom cottage (located approx 1 mile from the main house) can be exclusively used by crew as a base and / or for overnight stay. Further B&B and hotel accommodation can be found within 1 mile of the farm, along with a self-catering complex sleeping up to 40 persons within 2 miles.
A catering company providing light buffet style lunches can be recommended upon request. A bakers / deli can also be found within 1 mile of the farm.
GETTING TO KNIGHTS MOAT FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Swindon station (50 mins) or Oxford Station (55 mins). The farm is approximately 30 minute drive from Swindon or Oxford stations.
The farm is approximately a 1 hour 45 minute drive from Central London.