Ladylands Estate, RH13
When scouting for old, derelict and decaying, then Ladylands Estate is the place to see. From its abandoned buildings and preloved manor house to the surrounding garden grounds with crumbling walls, overgrown shrubbery, derelict swimming pool, ramshackled sheds and vegetable patch, it’s not just the abundance of wildlife being drawn in by this shoot location.
As a ‘work in progress’, the main manor house makes a straightforward takeover location, offering atmospheric settings throughout with an array of rooms in different states of decay (think peeling wallpaper to collapsed ceilings), displays original features and furnishings including ornate ceilings and grand staircases.
Feelings of abandonment continue beyond the manor house into the farmyard, with a selection of tumbledown farm buildings including barns and sheds, along with a deserted cottage and old derelict dairy buildings too; all surrounded by sweeping parkland, fields of crops, grassland, an orchard and woodland.
- Nearly 300 acres of farmland, grass fields, parkland, an orchard and woodland
- Far-reaching views across the South Downs
- Georgian manor house in disrepair offering a selection of internal rooms of varying conditions
- Garden featuring walled areas, a productive vegetable patch, garden store, shed and deserted outdoor swimming pool
- Derelict old dairy / coach house building and old cottage
- Farmyard consisting of various farm buildings including sheds, stores and barns; ranging from the untouched and traditional to more modern builds
- A victorian cottage and separate bungalow (available for exteriors only)
- Derelict WW2 nissen huts, also a WW2 gun shelter located on the main driveway overlooking the river
- Riverside access, pond and streams running through the woods
- Private tarmac and concrete roads
- Cows, pigs, dogs and cats
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There is plenty of parking onsite for crew vehicles. A crew base and / or separate green room can be made available inside the main house, including access to kitchen facilities and toilets.
Pubs, restaurants, coffeeshops and B&B accommodation can all be found within 2 miles of the location, with further hotel options within a 10 minute drive.
GETTING TO LADYLANDS ESTATE
Trains run from London Victoria and London Bridge to either Horsham, Haywards Heath or Hassocks stations. All three local stations are approximately a 20-25 minute drive to Ladylands Estate.
Central London is approximately 2 hours by car.
Pinewood Studios is approximately 1 hour 15 minute by car.