Long Ear Farm, OX11
Long Ear Farm is a 750 acre working farm located within the rolling Oxfordshire countryside.
The main farmyard features three large, modern grain stores, which are vast in terms of both size and height, making them ideal potential set-build, studio or storage spaces. Sat within the yard, an old barn provides a traditional farm vibe with its original red brick and stone walls, exposed internal beams and stunning views across the valley. An old rustic log shed and open sided brick shelter are also available for use on the farm, each of which are found within isolated settings.
A patchwork of grass fields and crops dominate the landscape, with a scattering of copses dotted throughout.
- 750 acres of arable fields including wheat and barley fields, grassland and small woodland areas
- Working farm with far-reaching views across a valley
- Farmyard with traditional and modern aspects with three large grain stores (possible warehouse space when not being used to store grain) along with an old red brick and stone barn with exposed beams
- Stables, garages and workshop
- Isolated log shed and open sided brick shelter, both away from the main farmyard
- Farmhouse (exteriors only)
- Modern tractors, landrovers, trucks, quad bikes and an old railway carriage
- Horses, Shetland pony, dogs and cats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
Access to the farm is straightforward with no vehicle restrictions. There is plenty of dry, level parking for both small and larger vehicle types. The grain stores can be used as a crew base, with tea-making facilities provided. Temporary toilets can be set up in the yard if needed for a larger production whilst smaller crews are welcome to use the toilet in the farmhouse if required.
There’s recommended catering businesses locally who can supply food, with further eat-in places in the immediate area. Accommodation can be found minutes away with a good selection of B&Bs and local pubs offering rooms, larger hotel accommodation can also be found within 1.5 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO LONG EAR FARM
Trains run from London Paddington to Didcot Parkway (40 minutes). The farm is approximately a 5 minute drive from Didcot Parkway station.
Long Ear Farm is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes from Leavesden Studios.