Longhouse Farm, EX17
Longhouse Farm is a working family farm offering a wide mix of landscape options and vibes of the ‘old and new’ amongst its collection of farm buildings.
With an appearance that could easily be mistaken for multiple properties, the distinctive Devon Longhouse is in fact a single residence, with parts of the house dating back to the 1500s. Complimented with original features, traditional furnishings and overlooking a pretty cottage garden, the house is available both inside and out.
The original pig sties still adjoin the farmhouse, along with other traditional farm buildings available elsewhere on the farm including an original stone barn and old red brick granary. The working farmyard also offers modern agricultural aspects too.
- 300 acres of land set within a valley, covering arable fields (including wheat / barley crops), rolling grassland, wild flower meadows and woodland
- Working farmyard offering a selection of both modern and traditional farm building including modern barns/ sheds, original pig sties, an old red brick granary barn and an original stone barn
- Traditional Devon Longhouse (with parts dating back to the 1500s and 1600s) available for house interiors and with access to a cottage garden
- Exterior use of a pink thatched cottage located within a short walk from the main farmhouse
- Hard standing tracks
- Shepherds Hut and Bell tent
- Tennis court
- Modern and vintage tractors, quad bike
- Sheep and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of hardstanding parking at the farm for crew vehicles. A crew base can also be made available in two large barns with access with electricity, water and toilet facilities.
Local recommended catering companies can be provided upon request. There is a farm shop cafe only a 5 minute drive from the farm, along with numerous take-away options within a 10 minute drive.
Crew are welcome to overnight use of the farm’s shepherds hut (sleeps 2) and bell tent (sleeps 3), if available. B&B’s and self-catering accommodation are within a 10 minute drive of the farm, providing plenty of alternative overnight stay options if required.
GETTING TO LONGHOUSE FARM
Trains run from London to Exeter (St David’s) station (2hrs and 15 mins). The farm is a 20 minute drive from Exeter (St Davids’s) station.
Central London is approximately 4 hours away.