Merula Farm, WD25
Merula Farm is a large working farm within the M25, comprising both big and small farmyards, along with over 1000 acres of land. The farm locations provide a vast array of buildings, from ancient stable blocks and isolated decaying timbered barns to vast, modern industrial buildings set within expansive concrete yards.
Excellent access across the farm on good hard standing tracks, means shoot crews have huge scope to choose from different field crops and backdrops, from golden wheat fields to silvery rye fields and pretty backwater spots too.
Sitting amongst rolling hills within the unspoilt Hertfordshire countryside and yet only 15 mins from Warner Brothers and Leavesden film studios, Merula Farm is a hidden farm gem, and so easily accessible from Central London.
- 1,000 acres of grass and arable fields (including wheat, barley, oilseed rape, maize and rye)
- A large working farmyard with a mix of buildings, including; commercial lets, grain stores, barns and a large livery set up
- A further traditional Model stable block and yard situated just a 3 mins drive from the main farmyard
- Two outdoor menages
- Isolated buildings including old, unconverted barns (once a farm shop) and a small, derelict outbuilding set down a private track
- Traditional granary located in a residential area
- Plenty of hardstanding including areas that resemble a quarry
- Small areas of woodland (limited access)
- Horses/ ponies can be found at the farm all year round. Sheep are available during the winter months
- Private roads / tracks
- Modern farm vehicles and machinery
- Pond and riverside access
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is great access all round the farm with its network of tracks. There is also plenty of hardstanding for crew parking. A crew base can also be provided at the farm with access to a kitchen and toilet facilities.
There are local takeaways nearby, with plenty of eat-in options within 5 miles of the farm. There is overnight accommodation within 2.5 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO MERULA FARM
Trains run via the Thames Link train line from St Pancras to Radlett Station (30 mins). Trains also run to Watford Junction station from London Euston (20 mins) and the farm is approximately 20 minutes drive from both stations.
Merula Farm is located just 15 mins from Warner Brothers Leavesden and Elstree film studios