Middleton Estate, SY8
Middleton Estate is a remarkable film location set within 5,000 acres of unspoilt Shropshire
The estate offers an extensive array of film set locations both from with its wide collection of historic buildings and features, as well as the variety of surrounding landscape. Choose one or all of a striking Georgian manor house with panoramic views and exquisite gardens through to the rambling country farmhouses, old farmyards, even a street setting, found scattered further across the estate.
Also featuring its own church, cricket pavilion, network of private driveways and roads, woodland and forest tracks, racing stables, stable courtyard and the delightfully quaint street scene; the opportunities are endless.
- 5,000 acre estate covering arable fields (including wheat, barley, rape, beans and oats, with cover crops consisting of maize, kale and turnips), woodland including evergreen forest areas, grass fields, parkland and part of the the famous Clee Hill
- A working farm with olde English farm setting and a modern working farmyard complete with large modern barns, stores and warehouse space options
- Georgian manor house built in 1738, available for interiors and exteriors. Surrounded by stunning gardens featuring walled areas, manicured lawns, a productive vegetable patch, pond and summer house
- Cricket Pavilion, a church (available for interiors) and an attractive olde English ‘street’ scene; road lined with traditional red brick buildings, stone walls and pretty flowers
- An old stable courtyard featuring original farm buildings, barns and stables
- A large selection of properties including traditional farmhouses and cottages (occupied and available for exteriors only) some of which are within traditional farmyard settings, also providing exterior use of old farmyards featuring original farm buildings, barns and stables
- Early 20th century Squash court, tennis courts, swimming pool with pool house
- A collection of modern cabins within a woodland setting (glamping option)
- Horse racing stables
- Lake, ponds and stream/ river access
- Private driveways, tarmacked roads (resembling public roads) and hardstanding tracks across the Estate, including both walking and drivable tracks through the woods
- Modern tractors and farm machinery
- Sheep, horses, cows (a herd of 200) and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There’s plenty of hardstanding parking across the estate for crew vehicles. The estate can accommodate productions of all sizes, including those on a larger scale. There are also various crew base options directly onsite depending on production size and requirements. Crew can have complete use of the pool house, which has its own kitchen facilities, toilet and shower, with space for dress changes and downtime too.
There’s local catering services that provide delivery to Middleton Estate, along with various dine-in options within 3 miles.
The estate offers 3x holiday lets (sleeping 6x, 4x and 2x persons) and 4x glamping cabins; all available to hire for overnight stay if available. There are plenty of alternative options for accommodation within 3 miles of the estate.
GETTING TO MIDDLETON ESTATE
Trains run from London to Ludlow station (approximately 3 hours – 3.5 hours). The estate is approximately a 10 minute car journey from Ludlow station.
Central London is approximately 3 hours 30 mins by car.