Millstone Farm, CO7
Millstone Farm is a very special place to film or photograph. Home to one of 3 remaining working tidal mills in the country, and surrounded by stunning water, wilderness and vines, the farm is a wildlife haven and an inspiring location.
The historic timber framed mill offers 4 floors of original structure and workings, and is flanked by a stunning creek and mill pond, enjoying the ebb and flow of two tides a day.
Extending beyond the mill are vineyards, woodland and a growing array of animals, including a flock of sheep, Saddleback pigs, chicken, ducks and geese. The farmyard itself offers a mix of modern and old farm buildings, approached well off the road by a private drive.
- Tidal mill extending over 4 floors
- Creek and mill pond (two tides a day)
- 70 acres of farm location, including vineyards, reed beds, woodland and pasture
- Period farmhouse and modern barn conversion (exteriors), alongside various farm buildings, including original stables and modern storage buildings
- Two shepherds huts set in a woodland glade and overlooking the mill pond
- Small flock of sheep and saddleback pigs
- Eclectic display of chicken, ducks and geese
Facilities at the Farm
- Extensive areas for parking and storage
- Crew base options in buildings, outside loo, power and running water
- Shoot and stay for 4 in the shepherds’ huts
Getting to Millstone Farm
- 1.5 hours drive into Central London
- 1 hr 20 mins by train to Alresford Station, then 4 minute taxi from there to the farm