Moat Farm, TN14
Just an hour’s drive from Central London, Moat Farm is an easily accessible farm location when looking to shoot close to the capital.
This delightful farm location is home to an ancient rambling farmhouse and a menagerie of farm animals. Parts of the house date back to as early as 1200’s, the rest of the property was built in the 1600’s. Surrounded by its very own wide moat complete with boat, and the front door accessed by stepping foot across a little bridge, this property will swarm you with its character, charm and array of original features. With its large scullery, farmhouse kitchen, spacious hallways, traditional furnishings, period beams and panelling throughout; the inside of the house is an impressive collision of old grandeur meeting practical farming life.
The farm is surrounded mainly by fields of crops and grassland where sheep, horses, alpacas and cows graze. Ducks, geese and chicken are also free range. There are woodland areas too and access to streams and riverbanks providing lots of outdoor opportunities.
- 800 acres of arable fields (wheat, barley, oats, oilseed rape and beans), grass and woodland
- Far-reaching views across the valley
- Ancient farmhouse (earliest part dating back to 1200’s) surrounded by its very own moat. Available inside and out with lots of flexibility for shoots. Full of original features.
- Working farmyard with access to a workshop, machinery store, stabling and a couple of agricultural outbuildings, now including an indoor swimming pool and small gym / mess room
- Moat (with boats), streams and river access
- Vintage and modern tractors
- Concrete and tarmacked private roads and hardstanding tracks
- Ducks, geese, chicken, sheep, horses, shetland pony, cows, alpacas, dogs and cats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking available at the farm for crew vehicles. There are a couple of crew base options depending on crew requirements within the main farmyard area; the gym area has its own toilet facilities attached, along with the old pumping shed, which features a seating area, oven, urn and sink.
There is a village shop and public houses serving food within 1 mile of the farm. Accommodation can also be found within 2 miles.
GETTING TO MOAT FARM
Trains run regularly from London to Sevenoaks station. The farm is approximately a 15 minute drive from Sevenoaks station. Alternatively, a further train can be taken from Sevenoaks to Shoreham station; with the farm within walking distance of approximately 20-25 minutes.
1 hour drive from Central London.