Monks Farm, CM17
Monks Farm is a unique farm location set within the Essex countryside and within easy reach of Central London.
The farm certainly offers more than the typical working farm with its eye-catching 12th century Priory, which has recently been restored and now preserved in its original state. This impressive Priory is attached to the country farmhouse with attractive gardens.
The farmyard offers many modern and traditional aspects with its old, unconverted barns, workshop and Victorian cow sheds, and also provides plenty of natural landscape beauty when stepping amongst the borage and sunflower fields, the parkland and ancient woodland.
- 12th Century Priory
- Traditional Farmhouse with gardens (exterior use)
- Ancient woodland
- 600 acres of flat farmland
- Farm buildings including a workshop, hay store, unconverted barns, Victorian cow sheds, and modern large stores
- Pond and moat
- Cut-flower gardens, Borage fields (in bloom July/July), Sunflower fields and Orchard
- Cottage (interior and exterior use)
- Modern and Vintage farm vehicles / machinery
FACILITIES AT MONKS FARM
Plenty of hardstanding parking including access via concrete drive.
A crew base can be provided in a variety of barns, and hot/cold water, power and a fridge are available.
Overnight accommodation can be found within 2 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO MONKS FARM
Take Central Line underground to Epping Station. Monks Farm is approximately a 10 minute taxi drive from Epping.
Central London is approximately 45 minutes by car.
Monks Farm is approximately 30 minutes from East London Studios.