Old Dairy Farm, TF9
As its name suggests, Old Dairy Farm is a traditional working dairy farm, home to a large herd of milking cows, and found lying on the Shropshire and Staffordshire border.
The farm offers a slice of two worlds – traditional farm and smarter estate-like features. The farmyard itself features a collection of original red brick farm buildings including old barns and stores, a milking parlour and further sheds and shelters for the dairy herd.
Just a few steps away from they yard, be greeted by the stately Clock house; originally built in 1891 and formerly the old stable block for the Estate, the house is also available to hire inside. Pass under its traditional archway, and then reach an imposing brick barn and walled garden.
Long stretches of private driveway pass through glorious parkland with far-reaching views across the valley, where the cows graze in nearby fields.
- Approx 500 acres of parkland, orchards, grassland and multiple small areas of woodland
- Working dairy farm featuring an old farmyard with a selection of traditional brick barns, stores, animal sheds and the milking parlour
- The 1891 Clockhouse available for exteriors as well as its recently refurbished interiors, also featuring an original archway leading to an old barn and walled garden to the rear of the property
- Natural streams and large pond
- Hay / straw bales
- Landrover, vintage and modern tractors
- Hard standing tracks
- Dairy cows (mixed herd of Friesian / Jersey crossbred cows, plus Dairy and Hereford Bulls) and chicken
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking for crew vehicles with a gravelled area directly outside the Clockhouse and further hardstanding within the main farmyard area. A crew base can be provided at the farm; if available, crew can base themselves inside the Clockhouse, which features its own sitting room, kitchen and toilets.
The 4-bedroom Clockhouse can also accommodate for up to 9 persons for overnight stays. Further undercover / storage space can be made available in the utility if needed, along with access to toilets here and additional toilets located in the milking parlour.
Catering and alternative overnight accommodation options are found within 1.5 miles of the farm.
GETTING TO OLD DAIRY FARM
Trains run from London Euston to Crewe station (2 hours) and Stafford train station (1 hour 30 mins). Old Dairy Farm is located approximately a 30 minute drive from both stations.
The farm is just over an hour’s drive from Media City, Salford.
3 hours 30 minutes from London.