Park Acres Estate, SG14
This 5,000 acre Hertfordshire estate offers an extensive range of rural backdrops and settings only a short drive from the M25, all very accessible from London.
Discover breathtaking historic parkland and garden grounds, including a large walled garden, rolling fields, wilderness gateways with natural meadows, forest hideaways and ancient woodland, as well as the estate’s own lake and riverside access too.
An 18th century Georgian manor house and cottage lie within the walled garden, both of which are available to hire inside and out, along with further farm buildings also dotted across the estate ranging from the old and traditional barns and stabling to the modern agricultural stores and warehousing.
- 5,000 acre estate comprising historic walled parkland, grass fields, farmland, orchards, wild flower meadows, wetlands, pastures and woodland
- Excellent network of private roads including a 1km straight Avenue driveway, tracks, pathways, and a disused A-road
- 4 acre walled garden
- Lake, river and wetlands
- Exterior of 18th century mansion (available outside term time only)
- Pretty 18th century Georgian manor house and cottage in the walled garden (both available inside and out)
- Working farmyards offering a mix of modern and traditional farm buildings including barns, stables, outbuildings and warehousing
- Exterior of various other residential properties ranging in style, architecture and condition
- Former WW11 bomb pits
- Modern tractors and farm machinery, land rovers and a rowing boat on the lake
FACILITIES AT THE ESTATE
There is plenty of hardstanding across the estate for the parking of crew vehicles. A crew base can also be provided onsite, along with access to a kitchen and toilet facilities for smaller productions.
A local caterer can be recommended upon request, with further food options including a deli and pub serving food just over 1 mile from the estate.
Park Acres Estate offers ‘Shoot and Stay’ with its 3x self-catering properties; sleeping 17 persons in total. Within 10-15 minutes drive, there is alternative accommodation with a selection of hotels, pubs with rooms and B&Bs.
GETTING TO PARK ACRES ESTATE
Trains run from London (Moorgate / Kings Cross and Finsbury Park) to Watton-At-Stone station (journey time: 50-60 minutes). The estate is approximately a 5 minute drive from Watton-At-Stone station. There is also a quick train link between London Kings Cross and Welwyn North; taking just 17 minutes, the estate is a 15 minute drive from Welwyn North station.
The estate is a 35 minute drive from London Film Studios in Enfield and a 45 minute drive from Warner Brothers Studios in Leavesden.
Central London is approximately 1 hour 40 minutes by car.