Pitt Rivers Estate, SP5
Taking pride of place on the Wiltshire and Dorset border, Pitt Rivers Estate offers an incredible variety of backdrops and settings for photography and film shoots, including vast stretches of outdoor scenery and a unique collection of buildings.
A fine example of typical rural ‘English’ landscape, the 10,000 acre estate spans fields of crops, historic parkland, rolling grass fields, wild flower meadows and orchards, with excellent forest coverage too: Pitt Rivers Estate is home to one of the largest areas of broad-leaved woodlands in Southern England.
Also with an 11 acre pleasure garden showcasing an elegant collection of ornate buildings, as well as a number of residential properties dotted across the estate, in particular an impressive Tudor farmhouse, Pitt Rivers Estate is an excellent multi-location site. An old, empty Victorian farm courtyard can also be hired, featuring traditional red brick farm buildings and an original thatched barn. And there us an 18-hole golf course located in the estate’s parkland too!
- 10,000 acres of grass fields, historic parkland, wild flower meadows, arable crops, orchards and ancient woodland / forest areas
- Beautiful 11-acre Victorian pleasure gardens established in 1880, featuring a captivating collection of ornate buildings including a Singing Theatre, Roman Temple and two halls
- 18 hole parkland golf course
- Small working farmyard featuring modern stores with further modern agricultural buildings found across the estate including barns, sheds, stables, workshop, garage and warehouse space
- Old red-brick Victorian farm courtyard featuring traditional farm outbuildings and an old thatched timber barn
- Historic Tudor farmhouse (part of which was built in 1240) offering both interior and exterior period features, with adjoining garden grounds including access to exotic ‘Japanese’ garden featuring Pavillon, ornamental ponds and various aquatic features
- Selection of further residential properties including cottages, farmhouses and bungalows (for exterior use only)
- Woodland forest tracks (those suitable for driving and on foot), private tarmacked roads and hard standing tracks
- Former forestry steel barns in the woods
- Lodge houses with bell tower
- Indian / Mogul folley
- Modern tractors
- Sheep, horses, ponies, chicken, peacocks and dogs
FACILITIES ON THE ESTATE
There is plenty of parking across the estate for crew vehicles. A crew base can also be made available, along with toilet and kitchen facilities.
There is an in-house catering company that can assist if required, alternatively there is a pub selling food less an a mile away and shops within a 10 minute drive of the estate.
The estate offers a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option with the opportunity to hire the Tudor farmhouse, which has 9 bedrooms available for overnight stays. Alternatively there are local B&Bs nearby and hotel accomodation within a 15 minute drive of the estate.
GETTING TO PITT RIVERS ESTATE
Trains run London to Tisbury Station (1 hour 45 mins). The estate is approximately a 15 minute drive from Tisbury station.
Central London is approximately 2.5 hours.