Present Farm, CT3
Present Farm is a shoot location with endless opportunities. Both a traditional working farm and an award-winning wedding venue, it is well set to offer both the authentic agricultural and rustic vibe, as well as the fairytale dream.
Barns, shacks, yards, animals, fields, lakes and woodland are in plentiful supply, and the main Georgian house, its surrounding gardens and lake are also available for hire. Unique and quirky features include two 1920s musical organs, a vintage fairground, steam engines and a gothic oast house.
- Mix of farm yard spaces with 16th and 17th century barns, as well as a rare Gothic 4 kiln oast house
- Georgian manor house with original kitchen, established gardens and copse
- 2 large lakes and stream, moated island, pagoda and foot bridge
- 650 acres of farmland with grass fields that are grazed by sheep and cattle, woodland and arable crops producing corn, potatoes, cabbages, kale and brussels sprouts
- Isolated buildings include the boat house and cabins on the lake, a woodland shack (for weddings) and a 1900s genuine shepherds hut positioned in a wild meadow
- Animals include cattle, sheep, dogs, horses, peacock and chicken
- Marshland, glamping meadow and glamping woodland
- Vintage fairground includes a Victorian carousel, steam traction engines and showman’s steam engines, also a 1900s Victorian Showman’s wagon
- Vintage farm machinery include a 1998 Landrover, tractors and a variety of rustic tin features
Facilities at Present Farm
Crew facilities are excellent, with a variety of crew base options and hard standing parking for 60 vehicles.
A green room can be based in a converted barn with luxury loos, kitchen facilities, wi-fi and heating. There are several catering options recommended by the owner.
Overnight accommodation on location is offered within the glamping site with 17 bell tents sleeping 50 people (April – October).
Getting to Present Farm
The farm is a 1 hour drive from East London or 1 hour by train from St Pancras to Canterbury (plus 15 minute taxi ride to the farm)