Red Farm, OX9
Red Farm is a working livestock farm with a herd of Aberdeen Angus cattle and a sheep flock too.
The farm’s 400 acres of rolling historical pasture is on the Oxfordshire / Buckinghamshire border, just 1 mile from the town of Thame. The farm offers two traditional farmyards, just 1.5 miles apart, with a wide mix of old and new farm buildings, a period farmhouse, cottages and smart converted barns, all allowing for plenty of variety of filming and photography options. The crew facilities are exceptional on site, with the provision of a light, spacious and comfortable crew base in the form of a converted tithe barn which can accommodate 100 crew.
- Aberdeen Angus cattle and sheep
- Rolling pasture, hedged boundaries and woodland areas
- The River Thame passes through the farm. Numerous ditches
- Two traditional farmyards with plenty of working farm buildings, including large cattle yards, straw barns, workshops
- Private 400 metre drive
- Period 18 th Century farmhouse, with traditional kitchen (aga) and period reception rooms, a large garden including vegetable patch and Griffin glasshouse
- Converted barns surround a formal courtyard garden with pleached oak trees, table top London Planes, Holly hedging, raised flower beds and a rose garden
- 18 th Century tithed barn converted for a function room, with a kitchen and loos.
- Apple orchard and 2 acres of wild flower meadows with recently planted trees (2-5metres tall).
- Numerous modern farm machinery
Facilities at Red Farm
Easy access for articulated vehicles, and large expanses of hard standing in the farmyards can house large crews.
The newly converted tithe barn is set up as a function room and can seat up to 100 people, along with 2 loos and a kitchen.
A caterer is based on the farm and can provide the catering.
Plenty of convenient overnight accommodation options including a Travelodge, just 1km from the farm.
Getting to Red Farm
The farm is about 1 hour’s drive from Central London, just 10 minutes from Junction 7 of the M40.
By train, the closest station is Haddenham and Thame Parkway, a 34 minute direct journey from London Marylebone.