Saffron Farm, CB11
Set back from the main road, at the end of a gravel driveway, you can find Saffron Farm; a farm location with endless opportunity both inside and out.
Sitting at the heart of the farm is a large courtyard area featuring a 4-bay cart lodge, old stables, traditional barns, outbuildings and an original grain store, overflowing rustic charm with its aged textures, original materials and natural overgrowth. At the opposite end of the courtyard, facing the old farmyard is an elegant Victorian farmhouse dating back to the 1840’s, still treasuring many of its original period features including tall ceilings, sash windows with original shutters, flagstone floors and kitchen Aga.
A formal garden joins the rear of the main house, along with a well-kept kitchen garden within the main grounds, displaying an array of soft-fruit cages, vegetable patch and a greenhouse. The farm also features an orchard, paddocks and grassy fields with further wild areas down by the banks of a natural stream.
- 7 acres of grass fields, paddocks and an orchard
- Olde English farm setting with ‘Shoot and Stay’ option
- Courtyard featuring original farmyard buildings including old barns, grain store, stables and various other outbuildings
- New stable block set behind the original courtyard with equestrian facilities including sand school
- 1840’s Victorian farmhouse available for interiors and exteriors, with adjoining formal garden
- Well-maintained kitchen garden with vegetable patch, fruit cages and a greenhouse
- Overgrown disused Tennis Court (now a well-loved home for the chickens)
- Swimming Pool
- 6 tonne dumper truck
- Chickens, horses, ponies and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is parking at the farm for crew vehicles. Any of the barns can be used as a crew base, along with access to toilet facilities onsite. There’s recommended catering companies in the area that can provide food to the farm. Alternatively, a local pub can provide food and accommodation (22 rooms), which is only a 2-minute walk from the farm.
Saffron Farm does also provide a ‘Shoot and Stay’ option, with a double bedroom and a twin bedroom available, with access to a shared bathroom
GETTING TO SAFFRON FARM
Trains run from London to Bishops Stortford (15 minutes drive to the farm), Newport (5 minutes drive to the farm) and Audley End (10 minutes drive to the farm). Alternatively you can take the central line to Epping station and the farm is approximately a 30 minute drive.
Regents Park is 1 hour 10 minutes away from the farm.
M25 is 30 minutes from Saffron Farm.