Sheep Farm, TN31
Sheep Farm is a large working livestock farm, with a herd of Sussex cattle and a flock of Romney sheep grazing vast expanses of the Romney Marsh on the border of Kent and East Sussex.
Two separate farmyards offer an interesting mix of buildings, from modern utilitarian sheds through to a charming cluster of derelict and tumbledown farm buildings, left to their own devices.
Also unique to Sheep Farm is the immediate backdrop of huge industrial wind turbines and electricity pylons, and also a long stretch of fields flank wide watercourses including an estuary heading out to sea.
Seasonal crops of sunflowers also grow at Sheep Farm.
- Hundreds of acres of Romney Marsh landscape
- Sussex cattle and Romney sheep
- Borders an estuary and large watercourses run through the farm
- Backdrop of pylons and modern wind turbines
- Two farmyards: one in full working order, another is step-back-in-time and derelict
- Two traditional farmhouses (externals only) and holiday cottages (ideal for shoot and stay)
Facilities at Sheep Farm
- Holiday lets on the farm can provide an option as a shoot base and also shoot and stay option for up to 6 guests.
- Large areas of hard standing provide an excellent unit base facility
Getting to Sheep Farm
Roughly 1.5 hours drive from London, or the closest railway station is Rye, East Sussex. Alternatively, take the high speed train from St Pancras to Ashford International (35 minutes) and it’s a 20 minute taxi ride from there.