Stag Farm, SK11
Nestled amongst rolling hills, with panoramic views across the Peak District, Stag Farm offers a superb aesthetic combination of “smart country”, “working farm” and “natural and rugged landscape” all in one very film-friendly location.
The farm yard is approached by a long private drive, and provides both old traditional buildings as well as the modern and practical type. The original farm courtyard is home to a large converted barn, an 18th century cottage and old farm outbuildings; they lead on to the main working yard, where modern agricultural stores, barns and warehouse space can be found, as well as a wonderful array of animals spreading out into the fields too – including sheep, horses, pigs, alpacas, ducks and geese.
The unspoilt farmland surrounding the farm is mainly rolling grass fields, tracks and woodland.
- 70 acres of pasture and 50 acres of woodland / forest
- Far-reaching views across some of the most well-known areas of the Peak District including Roaches, Shutlingsloe Hill and reservoirs
- Working farm with a main farmyard providing modern agricultural buildings and stores
- Traditional farm courtyard featuring an 18th century cottage (available for exteriors) and gardens, a converted barn for residence (available for exteriors and interiors), workshop and a collection of original farm outbuildings
- Pond and woodland stream with access to a small bridge
- Equestrian facilities including 12x monarch stables, menage and paddocks
- Private driveways, roads (tarmacked and concrete) and hardstanding tracks
- Classic cars, vintage and modern tractors, land rovers
- Sheep (mix of Cotswolds, Mules, telex and Dutch Spotted), horses, pigs (breed: Oxford Sandy and Black), alpacas, dogs, ducks and geese
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There’s easy access to the farm with no restrictions in place. Parking for up 50x cars as well as space for additional trailers, lorries and HGV’s can be provided onsite. A crew base and green room can be made available at the farm, which includes a large indoor living room space, featuring its own kitchen facilities, wardrobe and make-up area, along with toilet and shower facilities. The farm can also offer holding / storage areas too, with access to large warehouse spaces.
The 3-bedroom farm cottage is unoccupied and therefore crew can have exclusive use if available, accommodating up to 6 people for overnight stays. A local pub offering accommodation is located within a 3 minute drive and hotel stay options are within a 10 minute drive of the farm.
A local catering company can be recommended upon request. There are dine-in eating options within a short drive of the farm.
GETTING TO STAG FARM
Trains run from London Euston to Macclesfield station (1 hour 40 minutes). The farm is a 10 minute drive from Macclesfield station.
Manchester Airport – 17 miles
Manchester City Centre – 23 miles
Central London is approximately 4 hours away by car.