Swallow Farm, NN13
So-called after its huge appeal to flocks of swallows each year, Swallow Farm is a farm location with a difference! Enriched with antiquity and historic tales, it’s the handsome country house poised at the end of a quiet lane that showcases a unique setting, bursting with fine archaeological features and boasting a 15th century medieval tower, complete with original store rooms and stone spiral staircase.
From turrets to farmyards within a few metres: the farmyard itself offers a mix of old ‘abandoned’ farm buildings including a Victorian stone barn, derelict pens and tin sheds, whilst also including newer additions close by with its modern barns, stores and equestrian facilities.
- 30+ acres of rolling grass fields mainly used for grazing with some small copses of trees
- Historic stone country house offering traditional interiors and original features throughout with its old fireplaces (one with a medieval stone carved front), antique doors and alcoves, oak staircase, parquet floor and leaded lights
- Attached to the main house is a castellated 15th century medieval tower (scheduled ancient monument) featuring the original spiral stone staircase and tower store rooms
- Garden with walled areas and an outdoor swimming pool
- Stable yard consisting of 12 stables, tack room, feed room, stores, set of two flats above, along with an all-weather menage and sand school
- Farmyard featuring traditional farm buildings with its old victorian stone barns, derelict pens, shelters and tin sheds, along with more modern barns and stores
- Hard standing tracks
- Small brook enveloped by trees and hedges
- Sheep and horses
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking at the farm for crew vehicles. A crew base can be set up onsite along with access to toilets.
Local caterers who can supply food on location can be recommended upon request, alternatively there is a farm shop and pub serving food within 2.5 miles of the farm.
There are plenty of B&Bs in the local area, one within walking distance of the farm. Hotel options can be reached within a 15 minute drive.
GETTING TO SWALLOW FARM
Trains run from Euston station to Milton Keynes or from Marylebone station to either Bicester North / Village or Banbury station. The closest station to the farm in Banbury station, which just over a 20 minute drive away.
Central London is approx 2 hours 15 minutes.