Teapot Estate, NN17
From an exquisite mansion and formal gardens (with quirky teapot topiary) to hidden woodland cottages in decay and old, abandoned farmyard areas, Teapot Estate offers an array of film sets and photography backdrops with its varied landscape and heritage across 3,000 acres.
Flaunting castellated walls and turrets, the grand Tudor and Georgian mansion captivates from first glimpse; with an impressive approach that crosses the lake. The garden grounds extend out onto a vista of parkland and lakes, with further fields of crops, wild meadows and woodland available too.
- 3,000 acres of landscape covering historic parkland, grass fields, wild meadows, fields of crops and areas of ancient forest
- Tudor and Georgian mansion house featuring an inner courtyard area (available for exteriors)
- Private driveway up to the main house which crosses over a fine stone bridge
- Formal gardens with stretches of lawn, brick walled areas, box hedge parterre and topiary, flower borders, a rose garden, mature trees, pathways and greenhouses
- Lake featuring bridges, along with plenty of wild ducks, geese and black swans
- Old courtyard area with a collection of derelict farm buildings including old stone barns and outbuildings
- Separate working farmyard featuring more modern agricultural buildings including barns, stores and a workshop
- A wide selection of tenanted properties across the estate, mainly within a village setting including thatched cottages, farmhouses and bungalows (available for exterior use)
- A pair of 18th century derelict cottages set within an isolated woodland setting (1x 3 bedroom and 1x 1 bedroom)
- Hardstanding tracks
- Modern tractors and land-rover
- Cows and sheep
FACILITIES ON THE ESTATE
There is plenty of parking across the estate for crew vehicles. A crew base can also be provided onsite, with use of either the Tea Room within the main house or an office space very close by. Access to a small kitchen and toilets may also be available depending on crew size and requirements. There is also a seasonal marquee available to crew either as a base or as a storage option, available April-October.
External catering can be recommended upon request. Alternatively, a busy town sits only a 10-15 minute drive of the estate with plenty of cafes, a supermarket, restaurants and takeaways.
A holiday rental can be reached within just over 2 miles of the estate, which can provide overnight stay for crew, along with a hotel just over 5 miles away.
GETTING TO TEAPOT ESTATE
Trains run from London to Corby railway station (approx 1 hour 10 min journey time). The estate is approximately a 10-15 minute drive from Corby railway station.
Approx a 2.5 – 3 hour drive from London.